View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can chiari malformation come and go?

I am new to this forum, and I will try to be brief in my dilema. Endured a whiplash concussion 12 years ago. Prior to this I was running marathons and in great shape (37 at the time). After the incident, I lapsed into bouts of dizziness, heavy fatigue, and a disassociation with my surroundings. After 5 months of normal blood work, I had an MRI that noted I had a chiari 1 malformation. The neuro at the time dismissed this which I thought to be odd. My symtpoms abated after 7 months. However, since that incident, whenever I come down with a fever, I kick back into the symptoms. I have been in this same period of symptoms, but now worse then ever. A subsequent MRI 2 years ago did not show anything abnormal according to the radiologist. Obviously something is wrong for me to lapse into the typical chiari symptoms each time I get a fever. Not sure what to make of this, all blood work is fine, and hormones, etc. Just curious if even a small herniation of sorts could be at the root of all this. I am 49 now, and really struggling with this. Any comments?
Bret Borth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote