View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 11:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink update on NIck

WE went to Neurosurgry clinic today and were seen by the neurosurgery nurse whom we first met in the ER 2 weeks ago. She agreed that this was not normal. WE changed his setting from 1.5 to 2.0. SHe also did a CT xray series to check that the shunt was connected and at the right setting and to check the tube extending to his perinatal(sp?) cavity. Everything checked out okay. He has been extra sleepy all day even before the shunt change. Later we came and he was weepy for no reason. I think he can not figure out what is going on with his feelings, but the head banging was much less today. They told me sometimes pressure can be to low and his ventricles were showing very small on the CT. We will be able to judge better tommorrow as to how and if the changes worked. thanks for your concern and thoughts how grateful I am for the internet it makes me feel not alone.

and yes his dad is around but we own several restaurants and we are opening our 5th tommorrow so dad has been dealing with that.

I'll keep you posted.

:
momtonick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote