View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 11:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa14 View Post
Please please read my thread 'scared, I may have RSD' and let me know what you think. I appreciate you help. I'm not getting help from my dr and don't know what to do. Please explain how the pain is with RSD. My arm usually only hurts when I lift it, but it burns most of the time. Scared!!!
My crps started in my foot. It was very cold, turned a lovely shade of blue when it was dependent and exposed to air, followed an injury, and hurt for longer than it should have and at a higher intensity than it should have. (I stubbed my toe.) With that said, my symptoms fluctuate- sometimes my foot turns blue, sometimes it burns, sometimes it's swollen. I never know what to expect.

When I first saw my PM, he had me raise my arms above my head- no problem. However, now I have great difficulty raising my arm, reaching out for something, lifting things I would have easily been able to lift prior to my crps. So, yes, my arm only hurts when I lift it. I believe I am developing dystonia because my upper arms react like this, my upper back hurts, my thighs ache, and at times all of the above spasm.

Additionally, my temperature control is completely out of whack. My upper body will be hot and sweaty to the point of embarrassment while my foot is freezing. I'm constantly opening my car windows and turning the car's heater off and on. There is no happy medium.

Hope this helps. Remember everyone is different with this disorder.
reluctant@thetable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote