View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 02:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been in treatment for at least 4 months for CRPS. It developed after I'd had shoulder and wrist surgery. I was finally diagnosed by a rheumatologist. I'd became so frustrated with the orthopedic that did the surgeries, that I went to my primary Doctor who ordered x-rays, comparing my hands. The rheumatologist referred me to a pain management doctor, after seeing one which was very questionable to me concerning his attitude. The new pain management doctor did 7 ganglion blocks which did help to a point. Before them, anything that brushed against my finger tips caused shooting pains. That part is not as bad, plus a pinched nerve in my elbow is better. I still have throbbing pain in my palm, along with pain along the side of my hand on the opposite of the thumb. Also, my middle finger feels like it has been broke and will not bend as far as the rest of my fingers.I did have weeks and weeks of excruciating therapy. My last session the therapist told me I'd never be able to make a fist with the affected hand again. The therapy loosened my fingers some, but within 30-40 minutes later, they were as tight as they were before...stiff and painful. I also get muscle spasms in my fore arm and sometimes upper arm, along with some sharp pains along my shoulder. Between my neck and shoulder there is like a pressure and I'm wondering if the ganglion blocks has caused that. Presently I take Neurotin, Percocet & Cymbalta along with other meds for other health conditions. My Pain Management Doctor has mentioned a nerve stimulator which scares me. I have had to have so many surgeries and hospitalizations in the last 6 years...this CRPS is so hard to deal with. I have withdrawn from the world and the home I had such pride in, well I am near the end of my rope. It seems I'll never catch up. The simple tasks create more pain which just adds more to the depression I've battled for even more years. Any helpful suggestions?
BayouPatti is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote