View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 03:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default it was a life saver for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djhasty View Post
My Mom asked me the other day about hypnosis. She wondered if it could be useful for my RSD/CRPS pain. I thought I'd bring the question to this forum. Have any of you used hypnosis and went into remission as a result? Has hypnosis helped any of you manage you're pain better? I know we are all different, and that what treatments work for one may not work for the other. I pulled up the thread Hypnosis/Brain reprogramming- Cure??? from July 2012. It sounds pretty skeptical. I find your responses quite valuable, and would like to have your 2-cents on the topic. Thanks.
Because of my depression, anxiety, stress and pain level I have cried everyday since Nov 3, 2009. Everyone told me "You need mental help, someone to talk to". I finally found a wonderful human being, a psychologist who referred me to a married couple here in San Diego who are Phd psychologists who specialize in hypnotherapy, meditation and neuroscience. They have written over 24 books, I went to my library and had them order a book for me. The title is Neuro-Hypnosis-Using Self Hypnosis to Activate the Brain for Change. Their names are Alex and Annellen Simpkins. They have a website. A good read. These people have studied with the best ..Milton Erickson who was a famous psychiatrist who specialized in medical hypnosis. I did my research on this before making the appointment. Some people can be hypnotize some can't. I went to them about 5 or 6 times.
I am now having dental issues that can not be postponed. After calling over 40 dentists (who would not take me or have never heard of RSD), I found a great dentist and yesterday had a tooth pulled. My teeth used to be perfect but they are breaking off or rotting. I think because of all the drugs I used to take and I am in so much pain I chomp and grind. I just want all of my teeth taken out so I will NEVER fear RSD spreading to my face.
I used the hypno therapy I was taught to "take myself to a happy place".
They taught me so much coping techniques I cant say enough. I use these tools on a daily basis...pretty much on a minute by minute bases.
Since there is no cure for this horrible beast, and I still have a heart beat, I can still breath in and out and have brain waves I am considered alive. This is not quality of life so I figure...Why not try? The brain is a powerful organ.
It helped me so much.
Good luck.
shelbie4u is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Djhasty (03-11-2013), visioniosiv (09-10-2014)