Thread: dentures
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Bobby,

Do you have rampant decay and broken teeth? Meaning are all of your teeth badly decayed? Do you have periodontal disease.... meaning loose teeth, deep pocketing, infections....? If so, what do you think has caused these things to occur? Do you smoke?

The reason I ask these questions is because all of these issues can affect your surgery, your post op and ultimately the fit of your dentures.

I know you are scared.... that is totally understandable. I get the feeling that you are very young.... yes? I would like to try and help you.

There are few cleansers for dentures and basically the best thing to use would be diluted baking soda on a toothbrush. Many of the adhesives contain zinc which is not healthy on a long term basis. So a product called Secure denture adhesive does not contain zinc and it holds dentures in place really well.

Not all denture wearers need adhesive. The fit of the dentures depends on the individual anatomy and how well the patient heals.

If you would like to discuss this further, just let me know.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
thank you. I know I didn't give you any information. I am sorry. I think that is one of the reasons I am so frightened and have waited so long to take care of the problem. I was shocked when I was told I needed dentures. I only know one person who has them and she told me to have sedation and have it done in two steps. I guess i was looking for confirmation. I was looking on the web to see what was the best cleaner and adhesives and got totally confused.
take care
bobby
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote