View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Life as a caveman, I'm gonna go sit on the bench.

I have resigned myself to "life as a caveman." I sleep until I wake up. Sometimes that is 6 am sometimes as late as 8. When I am hungry I go to the kitchen, hunt something down and I eat. I rarely have any appointments. I am currently on social security disability and a pension from the fire department where I worked. So my income is fixed too! Last February my mom came to live with me when she could no longer stay as a live in caregiver for a woman with alzhiemer's, she herself had found out that she had a brain tumor and had to have surgery. So she came to live with me. She has recovered fully and is back working again. She does not take care of me-I can still walk and get around. But the arrangement has worked out well in the times where I have been frozen or not yet on and needed a little help. Almost 2 yrs ago my wife left me, said she had to "find herself", whatever that means. While I would welcome companionship it's not something that I put much hope in. I don't drive anymore, I am limited in the amount of on time that I get from sinemet to about 2 hours.

I did have big hopes in the "pump". But that too has faded. The cost for it is prohibitive and I think it's hung up in this healthcare debacle along with the fiscal issues. I even talked to a representative at Abbott about this a week ago and her response to my question as to when they were going to ask for marketing approval was that the FDA is reviewing the data and will let them know. I didn't think that the FDA reviews the stuff UNTIL the company submits the request. I don't forsee much happening in my lifetime. We have a disease with so many variables albeit person to person, time of day or response to medication. I have got a regimen that allows me to get through the day. I usually nap at least twice a day.

I'd like to send out a shout to Reverette, Ron Hutton and Dawson (sorry if I don't have the names spelled correctly) You have all contributed a great deal to this forum, thank you. But honestly looking back I can find little if anything that sticks. All of it is just sharing information, talk. If you want to take mucuna for example, how much do you take? How much are you even getting? It's all too tempermental and inconsistent. I plan on staying on the forum but I am too tired and disappointed, frustrated to have much zeal anymore.

Well, I'm hungry so I guess I'm going to the kitchen.
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote