View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 12:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

John,

I appreciate your response. There is very little that we ask of any of our hosts [it's only ever been BT until "the crash"]. We mind our P's & Q's and are respective of others. Frankly, the people that inhabit the gluten board are some of the most passive and accepting group of people I know. However, when something [unlimited editing] has been granted, taken away, granted and then taken away again, I tend to get a bit testy [I'm trying not to speak for the group, as I'm not the mouthpiece by any means ]. We have had unlimited edit abilities since I've been involved [BT for 5 years], and I suspect it goes back further than that. It's a privilege we've always had. I do understand that this is not BT. As a matter of fact, the same beef now applies to BT as well.

Look, all we want is a place that we are allowed to help people and share/organize the data we find. It may seem silly to those that don't understand, but we have figured out ways of organizing and indexing the data we post out here to make it more readable and understandable to those in need. Allowing edits to data is essential for this process.

I haven't had a chance to do a lot of research at the vBulletin site, but are there modifications that would allow you to grant editing rights to individual forums? I suspect edit time frames are board wide and not forum selectable.

As I said previously, I fully understand the reasons behind setting edit timeframes. I can appreciate the importance of that feature in certain situations. If there's nothing that can be done, that's understandable. Those that don't like the rules will have to decide what's important to them.

Thanks for your time. Also, I do appreciate you "opening up your house" during the time of need.

“We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” ~Mother Teresa
aklap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote