Thread: Optic neuritis?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Maybe your eyes are more relaxed when you're asleep, so they dont hurt as much then? Did you go see your eye doctor???

I dont know if I have any visual field loss right now. It's been about a year since they stuck me in front of the visual field detector or whatever they call that thing that maps it out.

I'm sitting here terrified that I'm about to have some sort of MS flare. I spent about 3 or 4 days this week with a weird fever. I felt bad, but never got throwing up sick. Just was hot and felt yucky. Fever topped out at around 103F. I could tell it was making some of my symptoms all screwy. I'm just terrified that I'll have some weird neurological crap happening soon. It was a weird couple of days. The last day the fever went away, then came back, and then went away and I spent about half that last day with a lower-than-my-normal-temperature temperature. (about 96.7F-97.3F. My normal temp seems to be 98.4F) It was really weird. Then the next morning, my temp went back to normal. I dont know if I've ever had a virus that only seemed to give me a fever and maybe an occasional stomach pain, but didnt make me throw up.

MS is such an annoying thing. I dont like it when I have to worry about colds and viruses and then be scared that it's going to trigger some new and really annoying symptom. I'm walking weird right now tho. Hope I'm not getting foot drop in my other foot.

Hope your eye stops hurting really really soon. I hate eye pain, because it feels like you cant get away from it. If it gets really bad, you can ask your doctor for a pain med. I got to the point that I asked for some. Pain med didnt help me, but mine was really really painful. I got desperate and asked the neuro if steroids would help. Only thing that stopped the pain was the IV steroids lowering the inflammation.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (03-08-2013)