View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

mouse1~

I too am in the same boat with regards to exercising and getting screaming headaches. I can walk and have been able to but it's terribly hard to shift gears mentally and physically from a dedicated swim, bike, run lifestyle to one of only walking.

Swimming laps even at 50 yd intervals will generate a "exercise induced migraine" as my neurologist calls them. They suck. Cycling will cause them to last for 5 days, and will resort to my stock of Naratriptan, which will take the pain away but it still leaves me off-kilter cognitive wise.

I'm meeting with a physiatrist this next week with my cervical MRI films, maybe he can see something which may have been overlooked initially.

If you can walk, indeed try to keep that up regardless of pace, it will keep the brain fresh with oxygen.

Mike

December 15, 2009: Major surgery due to diverticulitis. 6 weeks after surgery, dizziness, fog, cognitive difficulty, anxiety, some panic, lots of headache. These symptoms largely gone, but still cannot exercise above a very low threshold otherwise resulting in severe headache and cognitive fog. Same for overwhelming odors.

Meds: Nortriptyline and Naratriptan as needed to rid severe headaches (exertional migraines).
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (04-14-2013)