View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
So if you don't want to dual boot, you are planning to wipe the installed OS and install Fedora only?

Do net books have a cd/dvd or a usb port?
I would assume they do.

Get Fedora or any of the many Linux distro burned to flash drive or Live cd/dvd.
More info here-

Yea I'm planning on doing that, I honestly don't think a Chromebook was a wise decision for me to get simply because it seems to be super limited as it is a OS based off of a browser (a browser that I honestly hate). Most net books don't have a cd/dvd drive but USB slots they generally do have.

I've found some computers act better with some versions so you may have to try a few to find a good fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
It looks like they have a Google Chrome OS installed on those netbooks. I don't know what that is like.
I'm not sure how a linux OS will work on it.
You would need a USB drive with the Fedora on it or any other Linux distro.

Oh,
Here are some preistalled on USB or flash cards - but you should explore more places to make sure it will work on/with the chrome book.

I didn't change my Win 7 OS laptop to install Linux until the warranty had expired on the machine.
Okay, thanks mate! Yea I've asked around a few places trying to get this figured out. I really like Fedora as a distro, and find it completely useful in regards to how I run just about everything I need without having to make a Virtual OS.

Thanks for your help so far mate, when it all gets done I'll definitely let you know how this turns out

Last edited by Chemar; 03-08-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: links etc for newbies. Jo has your message :)
MentalSnapz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote