View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanira View Post
So went back to the PM dr and he wants to do a sympathetic block to see if I respond to it. If I do then he will diagnose me with CRPS. I have an appt for the aquatherapy next wednesday and the rheumatologist for the end of April. Hopefully someone with be able to answer my questions soon. I also finally got a call back from my PCM. He has my cane referal ready for me. Now just gotta wait for my son to get up and eat for us to go get it.
I do not believe that the results of your sympathetic block will diagnose you with crps. Some crps pts. do not respond to a sympathetic block yet still have crps. I was one of these pts. It's call sympathetic independent pain. Before my first lsb (lumbar sympathetic block) my foot did not even register a temperature change (before or after the block). I had questionable pain relief. My second lsb done 2 wks. later resulted in my foot's temperature rising but my pain actually increased. My first PM then referred me to a neurologist (I guess because he didn't believe I had crps). The neurologist said I did have crps. I went to a new PM who was more experienced with crps and he said that I did have crps. Be sure your PM does NOT believe that a response is needed to a sympathetic block for you to have crps.

Last edited by reluctant@thetable; 03-08-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: punctuation
reluctant@thetable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote