View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was scared before I had the surgery...I hate needles and I hate strong pain medicines. But really, the surgery was no big deal, so don't be scared. I don't know why my doctors keep saying it was drastic surgery. I even had a small pneumothorax and major swelling. But, I was pretty much free of the major surgery pain and back to full-time work time in 2 weeks. (Although I think that may be part of the reason I still have a lot of problems...my body wasn't able to rest and heal.) I'm glad I did it and wished I had found the doctor and had it done sooner. It was so worth it to get rid of part of the pain. Unfortunatey, it just wasn't enough to to completely solve the problem, because I still have scapula, deltoid and other related pain and problems and feel I am worse, as far as inflamation and scar tissue. I am just now starting massage and stretching therapy again, but wish that the doctor would have recommended this sooner after my surgery, instead of just the strengthing PT, heat and ice.
MagicMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote