View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 11:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--but in can happen, simply because of the compressive forces on nerve from changing skin and connective tissue from the syndrome:

http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/antib...ml#scleroderma
thank you so much glenntaj, I will use this link.
I had vasculitis rash like the one on the picture, but in much smaller scale. had it twice. some doctors have questioned it due to negative labs.
For 12 months now the neuropathy has been getting worse and worse. Burning everywhere. I have had chest tightness for 1 year. now for last 2 months worse. Had all tests and tried GI meds. Awaiting result from Manometry studies. Bronchoscopy 2 days ago showed bronchial stenosis. Having shortness of breath. The pulmonologist does not think it is Wegeners.
And Echocardiogram now showing leaking of 3 valves, and left ventricular diastolic dysfunction. they say it is due to age. So I do not know, possible it could be scleroderma causing the neuropathy ( antibodies negative) I have developed thousands of little hard bumps on legs and arms just under skin little faint light purplich color. I have not brought this to doc's attention, thinking it was something due to Plavix. I do have Levido Reticularis.
So, I am awating a special neurologist next week re neuropathy, I will request a punch nerve biopsy. What do you think? I should find the cause of the neuropathy. So if it is Wegeners, I need strong meds sooner than later. The neuropathy is so bad, ( I am taking Lyrica 400 mg a day)that I think possibly not scleroderma , it is probably due to the vasculitis. Thanks for yopur input, I will study the link.
Synnove
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote