View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 02:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default anyone with MG take Flexeril?

Hi!
First, I have to apologize for the length of this post. I'm just wondering if this is normal. Well, our normal, anyway.

I have had extreme muscle weakness, bad spasms around my ribs area, and essentially not be able to exert at all for the past 2 years. Pretty much I'm ok as long as I'm on the couch and don't move much.

They diagnosed me with Sjogrens and CFS and put me on Doxycycline, Plaquenil, and Flexeril for the spasms. My rheumy hesitated to diagnose me with anything else until now, as I've developed Ptosis and the Plaquenil and stuff just isn't working and I'm getting worse. Usually the flexeril helped with my rib spasms, but not always as of late.

My concern is this, now that I've recently been told by everyone from my neurologist to my eye doctor that they think I have MG, I'm a little scared to take my Flexeril since my throat weakness seems so much more pronounced recently.

I've heard that Flexeril is dangerous to those who suffer with MG. Though I've got most all the symptoms, I've not been technically diagnosed yet as they're waiting for the test results (MRIs next week), but neurologist & eye dr really seem to think I've got MG.

But like today, I have these bouts of just being so weak I just can't hold my head up, but if I don't hold it straight up..if it tilts to one side or the other, it aggravates the collapsing throat and makes me feel like I'm immediately going to choke or throw up (sorry for the graphics).

My swallowing issues are becoming worse. Today felt like I was trying to swallow a big golf ball when I was trying to just drink water. It scared me.
I got worried I'd have to go to the ER...I reallllly don't want to do that. But this throat thing is getting worse.

Sorry...I'm rambling. I just want to know, does anyone else here have MG but still takes Flexeril? Do my symptoms sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks for listening.
Shelly
crmak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote