View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 03:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can anyone help with these PN symtoms?

Hi everyone. Just joined and all this is new to me so i apologise for my ignorance of any protocols etc. Has anyone with peripheral polyneuropathy had similar symptoms? I know they vary widely but i am so frightened and the neurologist is taking so long.
I shall be as succinct as possible.I present numerous recognised PN symptoms sensory, motor and now autonomic . However both my legs have blown up thigh to knee, very swollen knee joint, ankles, feet and my skin goes a lobster red - rather like a hives rash - especially at night or after exertion such as walking. Was checked for DVT and CT for pelvic/abdomen compression and rheumatics - all clear and negative. I also now get internal tremors (you cant see them) - rather like panic attack but its not its my whole body. Its not MS.
Because of the swollen legs i now have superficial phlebitis in both legs!.

All this plus the dreadful pins/needles, burning, loss of temperature regulation, numbness,muscle weakness,cramps - at night etc...... my face cheeks are now even numb!

I have a past history of cancer so have been well radiated breast and hip bone and subsequently was badly damaged.Have lived with disabling chronic pain for over 8 years now.I thought i knew what pain was but PN - well that is something else... i am going crazy

Im on many drugs for chronic pain - methadone , oxycodone, naxproxen , pregaba, zopiclone sleepers (i just cant sleep whatever i take) but nothing helps this PN.

Some of my symptoms are throwing British neurologist - any advice, thoughts would be so welcomed. Thank you all. God Bless x
Mads is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote