View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 03:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I urge you to NOT take the flexeril. I was given it early on by a well-meaning but misinformed doc who felt my double vision was a "spasm." I felt in my "gut" that I did have MG, but took 1/2 a dose and I was unable to move from the sofa for almost 24 hours. The weakness was horrible. I think with your description, the flexeril would possibly cause you a life-threatening event if you do have MG.

You know, I think I'd just head into ER if I were you. You sound absolutely miserable, and it's not improving. You do sound like you are approaching a "crisis" of some sort, if you aren't already there. Go now, rather than waiting for the "after sundown crowd" in the ER.

When you get to ER, try to be calm, but first off, tell them you are in the midst of being diagnosed with MG, but things are rapidly deteriorating. They will likely need your doctor info, and of course any med info. Take your meds with you, to save energy listing them verbally. If need be, demonstrate your swallow weakness to them, although they usually don't like you to eat or drink until the assessment is done.

Hope this helps. I am sorry you are having such a crummy time.

Keep us posted.
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote