View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 08:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'll try to help:

Multilevel dehydration/dessication: this means that you have degenerative disc disease, which is drying out of the discs.

It notes there is a small syrinx from C5-6 to C7-T1 measuring 4cm. These are pathological cavities.

C2-3 Fine

C3-4 Minimal disc bulge indents thecal sac. The thecal sac is a membrane of dura matter that surrounds the spinal cord and cauda equina. The thecal sac is filled with cerebral spinal fluid.

C4-5 Same as above

C5-6 Broad based disc herniation produces mild mass effect on spinal cord with mild canal stenosis. Stenosis is narrowing of the spinal canal. Both foramina are moderately stenotic - the foramen are the holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord -- these are becoming narrow. Uncovertebral joint hypertrophy contributes. hypertrophy is excessive development of bone. The syrinx is noted at this level.

C6-7 Central disc herniation is in contact with the cord. Canal is borderline stenotic (see above). Note is made of bilateral lateral meningoceles. This is a protrusion of the meninges thru defect in spinal column forming a cyst filled with spinal fluid. The Meninges are membranes that envelopo the spinal cord and include the arachnoid, dura mater and pia mater.

C7-T1 Syrinx is noted at this level

LUMBAR

L5-S1 fine

L4-5 There is an annular tear. This is a fluid filled sac that the disc sits in, and it has a tear. There is a small central disc herniation which is in contact with the ventral thecal sac. (Thecal sac-SEE ABOVE) Moderate hypertrophic facet disease (see above)

L3-4 Disc bulge indents thecal sac . The foramina is mildly narrowed. Mild hypertrophic facet disease.

L2-3 Fine

L1-2 Fine

The cortical cyst on the kidney should be evalutated by a urologist.

I'm no doctor, but in reading these, I would take these to a Neurosurgeon for an opinion. IF he suggests surgery, I would DEFINITELY get 2 MORE opinions because surgery of this type is something obviously you can't undo! lol

Also, surgery is NOT for pain. It's only for mechanical problems. It won't take away all your pain. After surgery, you will have the same pain and maybe worse. You will still need pain medications. So it's not a miracle cure by any means. So you must be sure that what you're doing is the right decision for you.

I wish you the very best. If I've confused you please let me know, ok? I'll try to answer your questions as best I can. God bless & please take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote