View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 06:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Before my injury I had good eyesight for distance and reading (could read 3pt) and very good balance. Since then it has all gone to pot with blurred vision and constant falls.

I had a visual assessment recently and they found out that one eye tends to “shut down” temporarily before recovering but then both eyes don’t work as a team. They also found that I am overly dependent on visual input to help me balance – in reduced light or darkness my balance gets worse as there is less light input. They tried prisms which made things considerably worse. However, until they will try them again when they have fixed the underlying condition with a prescription lens and some vision therapy.

Because of the delays with our health service – I had to pay privately £150 – $225 US probably the best part of money I have spent on recovery so far as they are the only ones that have come anywhere near any sort of remedial solution.

I would recommend a visual assessment even if it is rule out visual problems.