Old 03-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain patch View Post
Waves,
Do you guys think this med has a backlash anxiety factor to it? What I mean is - I took Xanax for a period of time years ago and if I ran out of it or took an extra pill I noticed that I would have like triple the anxiety when the medicine wore off. :
Brain,

Running out of it is bad.
I personally know someone in real life (with no seizure disorder) who was prescribed Xanax and did not refill them after they ran out. She suffered a grand mal seizure, knocked out several teeth, and ended up in the ER.

That is why moving to 1.5 is a good suggestion. You can move down to 1.0 if you have to.

Klononpin does not really have the backlash of Xanax that you describe because they have different half lives.
Xanax's half life is about 11 hours whereas Klonopin has a half life of about 18-50 hours (depending on an individual's metabolism)
Your psychiatrist can help you find other medications that are less tricky than the benzos are --- but several other medications also require that you discontinue gradually (stopping abruptly is not good).

Quote:
I either have to drug myself so much and I can leave house and function for awhile or stay in my house forever.
You can get more and better medications. You will get some suggestions after the testing you have coming up. And a therapist can help you with that kind of stuff.

I generally go only to places that I am very familiar with and very comfortable. I go at times when few people are around.

M
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-10-2013), Brain patch (03-10-2013), Dmom3005 (03-12-2013), waves (03-10-2013)