View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default it can be done

Dear Brain

I'm very relieved you have gone down to 1.5mg Klonopin divided .5/1.0. The Klonopin won't be as big of a backlash as the Xanax but:

Please tell the neuro
  • how long you took 2.0 and
  • how long you took 1.5
if he wants you back to taking 1.0 again, it may be best (you can ask about it) to go 1.25 first, and then back to 1.0. The so called "backlash" is not as bad as with Xanax, but also, it is felt later with Klonopin, indeed because of the longer half-life. I don't know how long you took 1.0mg before developing tolerance and upping it to 1.5... hence my concern with taking the foot off the Klonopin gas pedal gradually. Even if you are given non-benzo drugs to treat the anxiety, these will not replace a benzo wrt withdrawal sx. Your prescribing neuro can probably evaluate how to step down if he even wants you to. I kinda think (and I do hope!) he will be ok with your doing 1.5 until the other dxs are in place, especially since it is helping.

i have had social anxiety too - it is not chronic in my case - it came with a very bad depression, but i remember how it was, and it was pefectly HORRID.

I hope your docs help you with this - i agree, we do not want you to get depressed, yuck!

--------------------------------------------------------

I know someone who had their memory wiped - had to relearn language, basic arithmetic the works... you are doing well, also he is living proof a person can retrain. he went through multiple TBI's on several occasions, and body ripped to shreds - most of him was "rebuilt" - legs, knees, spine, etc. He was more dead than alive at least once, besides CO poisoning and a few strokes. i wish he were on this forum i would direct you to him but i am not personally in touch, and the last i heard he had acquired some hefty new responsibilities and was no longer able to be active in forums. I just wanted to share a bit of his story to tell you, wrt rebuilding your brain:

It can be done, it has been done!

I'd also like to mention that, imho, you seem very aware and are very fluid in your posts, whatever is missing it sure isn't immediately apparent - perhaps i will notice something later on. dunno. Or maybe they are things that are not apparent in this context. Anyway - it can be done.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-10-2013), Brain patch (03-10-2013), Dmom3005 (03-12-2013), Mari (03-10-2013)