View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 5 months after concussion, feeling better BUT...

Hey guys, it's been a while,

Anyway here's my story:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ghlight=hockey

Cliffs:

- massive concussion during hockey game on October 13th (lost consciousness for 5-8 minutes)
- a broken nose
- a broken cheekbone
- a perforated sinus
- 4 of my teeth went numb
- damaged shoulder ligaments + damaged rotator cuff
- Massive PCS starting 2 weeks after accident. Lasted somewhat until 3 weeks ago.

Anyway so the PCS symptoms seem to have disappeared from my "everyday" life, no headaches, no dizziness, no sensitivity to light, etc... so the physio gave me the green light to start exercising again about 3 weeks ago. The first few weeks I went real slow, nothing serious, it was the first time in 4+ months since I had done exercise.

But now, doing stationary biking and lifting exercises is fine but after a 45-50 minute gym session I get dizzy, lightheaded and every time I want to crank it up a bit (benchpress, pullups, HIIT...) I feel like hell. I feel nauseous, dizzy, lightheaded and feel like my head is turning.

Also, things like laser-tag and clubbing make the symptoms come back again, went clubbing last night, didn't drink alcohol (haven't since the accident btw), this morning, I felt like I had a hangover, massive headache, felt like hell. I'm 99% sure it's the loud music and lights so I should avoid going back until I'm better. So I'm not 100% yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

But, I've been getting these massive stomach aches, started around the 25th of february. It started one night when I had beef burgers, lots of fries (low fat) and salad. About 1 hour after the meal, it started and I was literally twisting and turning for 5-6 hours, until I went to bed.

Ever since, I get these massive stomach aches, sometimes they are so violent I start sweating. I can't do anything when I get them, I tried to study and work on a paper the other day, it hurt/bothered me so much, I couldn't do a thing. Went uni, couldn't follow what the teacher was saying it hurt so bad. Ever since the day it started, I get these stomach aches often times after a meal, sometimes after a coffee or sometimes out of no where when I've only been sipping on water. When I don't get a stomach ache, my stomach feels irritated, not normal. I just feel there's something not right. I do not have diarrhea, not problem whatsoever there. Everything is normal. Mornings seem better, don't have a stomach ache when I wake up.

Cliffs: stomach aches:

-Sometimes after a meal, sometimes after a coffee or tea, or sometimes out of nowhere
-Incredibly painful stomach aches, like cramps, start sweating sometimes it's so bad
-Virtually impossible to do something when I have one, only thing to do is to lie down or sit down.
-NO DIARRHEA, nothing wrong on that end of the line.
-Can last 1 hour, 2 hours or even 5+ hours.

For a week now, this has truly been ruining my life.

Can it be my diet? (I've tried to eat no bread and no pasta for a month now, kinda like a paleo diet, felt fantastic in the beginning, I just feel better without those types of food (less sluggish, less mind fog,...). Went to get some stomach pills at the pharmacy, the lady told me that eggs (I've been eating tons of them) are very rough on the stomach and hard to digest. She thinks my stomach is irritated because of that.

Or can it be a consequence of my concussion? I heard that taking lots of NSAID pills can damage your stomach. I was popping those in (advil, ibruprofen, tylenol,...) like candy for at least 3 months, now I take a few a week. Can it be that?

I've been looking online and I think I might have a Peptic Ulcer. I read that causes can be: taking lots of NSAID drugs.

What do you think guys?
pertiman22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote