View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Left UEDVT/ Right UEDVT due to bilateral TOS - Dr. Daniel Clair

Hi I am new and did a search for Dr Daniel Clair. I could only find one other person on here that had mentioned him. He is with Cleveland Clinic. I am scheduled to have surgery on March 20th with him. In short my history is I was developed a blood clot in my right arm in July of last year, I was put on all the necessary blood thinners and such and while I was completely therapeutic on my coumadin developed another blood clot but this time in my left arm in August. Because I "broke through" on the coumadin the doctors (which like everyone I have seen my share of vascular surgeons) will only allow me to take Lovenox shots (2x daily and have been since early August ) My symptoms are completely related to the blood clots at this time. I do not nor have not seemed to have any neuro issues with either arm. The only time I have pain is when I am not on time with my shots. Dr Clair took one look at all my test results (have had them all) and said surgery was a MUST for both right and left side. I have read horrible stories about this surgery and must say I am very scared. I am not a young thing (late 40's) but I am very active. Run and exercise pretty much daily and worried how all of this will effect my quality of life. Any information/insight anyone could pass on regarding surgery based on VTOS due to blood clots and or Dr. Clair would be so appreciated!! Also the Dr. Office said that I would only spend one night in the hospital (the day of surgery) and go home the next day. Is this actually possible? I live 6 hours a way from the hospital and concerned about driving home the next day as well as being that far from there if anything were to happen.
sglaser121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote