Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 07:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree that if you are part of a union, that would be the first place to ask. If not, I also think that contacting an employment law attorney would not be a bad idea. Many attorneys will offer a free or low-cost initial first consultation (call and ask what they would charge before making the appt) and this might be able to help you answer your basic question of whether or not it is legal to do that, and also get a relationship started with someone in case you end up taking action somewhere down the road. You could do this with a number of attorneys to find the one you are most comfortable with and also to get a variety of opinions.

Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkayewade View Post
Is it legal to give someone a marginal evaluation at work and mention their "illness" 6 times? I have not missed any work, turned in all grades and work on time, papers graded on time, always outside my door, stand even if it kills me and teach, and sit only about 5 mins per 45 minute class period. This seems unfair. They want to get rid of me, but I feel this was mishandled in many ways. Not to mention, there were two blatant lies on the form. I'm so mad I could spit. Instead of appreciating my hard work, I'm chastised.
BraveGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote