View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
SSA will make at most two requests for your existing medical evidence. If the source does not comply, SSA does not work harder at it. Are you sure that you provided the correct address for the medical treating sources? Are you sure that the records are held in your current name? There are a lot of things than can go wrong when records are provided. I suggest you contact the medical treating sources and see if their records show an SSA request and the response. You may decide to pay for the records yourself and submit them.
They never requested them. I did receive a letter for records they requested and hadn't received prior to the denial. I made sure the ones listed sent the information.

They are saying the wait for a SSDI hearing is 10-18 months. Guess we have plenty of time to get the remaining records from the couple of treating physician's they didn't get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
In theory, your counsel should be handling this stuff, in reality, you have to make sure they are. If they're not doing an adequate job, complain to the insurance company and have them replaced.

Sending notifications to the doc offices out via certified mail return receipt requested might not be a bad idea even.

Did the ALJ make an error in the denial?

You can submit a new application, btw. It might cost your insurance company the lost backpay, but that doesn't seem to be your fault...

The ALJ was for my Medicaid application, not for my SSDI. I haven't received his decision on my Medicaid yet. DHS (department of human services) is supposed to request medical records for Medicaid. During that hearing I told him I had some records I had obtained from my LTD insurance company, but not my complete records and that I could not afford to get copies of them all. The DHS representative was on her phone reading Facebook through the whole trial (the ALJ was on a phone) so I'm assuming she didn't even hear that she needed to get the remaining records....which she was initially supposed to do 6 months ago!
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-26-2013)