View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglaser121 View Post
Hi I am new and did a search for Dr Daniel Clair. I could only find one other person on here that had mentioned him. He is with Cleveland Clinic. I am scheduled to have surgery on March 20th with him. In short my history is I was developed a blood clot in my right arm in July of last year, I was put on all the necessary blood thinners and such and while I was completely therapeutic on my coumadin developed another blood clot but this time in my left arm in August. Because I "broke through" on the coumadin the doctors (which like everyone I have seen my share of vascular surgeons) will only allow me to take Lovenox shots (2x daily and have been since early August ) My symptoms are completely related to the blood clots at this time. I do not nor have not seemed to have any neuro issues with either arm. The only time I have pain is when I am not on time with my shots. Dr Clair took one look at all my test results (have had them all) and said surgery was a MUST for both right and left side. I have read horrible stories about this surgery and must say I am very scared. I am not a young thing (late 40's) but I am very active. Run and exercise pretty much daily and worried how all of this will effect my quality of life. Any information/insight anyone could pass on regarding surgery based on VTOS due to blood clots and or Dr. Clair would be so appreciated!! Also the Dr. Office said that I would only spend one night in the hospital (the day of surgery) and go home the next day. Is this actually possible? I live 6 hours a way from the hospital and concerned about driving home the next day as well as being that far from there if anything were to happen.
I am assuming they have done all the appropriate genetic testing to make sure you don't have an underlying clotting issue? I have two genetic clotting problems and I am afraid that having this will cause a clot in the end. Mine is my nerves not the vein or the artery so they say. I will hold out my judgement until they look in there and tell me there is nothing else....LOL!
Pattymary88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote