View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 01:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default root canal

Hi Bryanna,

I had my tooth extracted by my general dentist this morning. He had no problem freezing me so I felt no pain, just the pulling sensation. The tooth came out well along with a small sack of pus. He cleaned the area and applied some of the Nature's Sunshine silver gel that I brough along with me. He says I do not need to take the anibiotic.

On examination my tooth actually looked pretty good. The three roots were still nice and white..the one that had the pus sack on the end of it appeared to have a small hole in it..I am assuming this was from the root canal ..maybe the dentist pushed too far too hard when performing the root canal. I was expecting the tooth to look blackened and more dead! Frankly, now I am wondering whether I should have tried to save this tooth as there is a rather large empty hole in my mouth now. Please reassure me that all root canals harbour bacteria and eventual lead to infections...did I do the right thing?

Now I am hoping that the tooth heals quickly so I won't have a problem leaving for my trip Friday morning.

Ken
squasher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote