View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 04:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
Numbness and pain are gone. Every now and then I may get a cramp, but it dissipates quickly. My cane is in my Land Rover if I need it, but I have not touched it in weeks....

I still have a little trouble walking a long distance, get tired quick, but if I stop and rest I can handle it.....

One of the cool things too, I can stand on one leg to put my socks on now Hey, its the simple things.....
This info is what I have been looking for for so long,thank you icehouse!I too was a heavy drinker for years and developed this life robbing condition.have had it 4 or so years been on gab 300x4 amitriptyline 150 , oxy 5mg x3. I have quit drinking but I have not seen any relief.my numbness is still the same,but the neuropathy has seemed to have receded from above the knees to my lower legs which I feel any improvement is a huge plus! My dr. Doesn't think it's alcohol .from what I have been reading from people like yourself it has to be.I really am glad I found your posts, thank you for sharing it gives me hope for tomorrow! You are right it's the simple things that count.Good luck with your recovery !
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-06-2013), Icehouse (03-11-2013)