View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 04:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Suffering with Constipation

Hi Friends
I always know where to go for advice - this time I'm posting two questions - the first being this horrible constipation. I have been on opiates and Lyrica for many years and my usual routine has included Myralax and Senna tea (called Smooth - move). I was doing ok -- but then I took most of the gluten out of my diet and I think that is where the problem began. Because it has been winter I haven't been great about salads and fruits -- and I am really struggling with the pain on my left side. You all know what I'm talking about if you take these drugs.

When it comes to laxatives -- this is one experience I had -- I had a HORRIBLE reaction when I tried to have a colonoscopy done. She had me drink liquids for two days and at the end of the second day I took 3 Ducalax -- and then then next day I was to drink the stuff... etc. Well -- two hours after taking those 3 Ducalax I thought I was dying. I went into terrible shakes from my very core - sweat poured off my face and I was going both ways. I felt like I had been literately beaten up for two days. My poor husband had to hold me on the toilet as I had no strength to do so myself. I cancelled the procedure and ever since have stayed away from any other type of laxative. That was about 5 months ago - and honestly I have never been so uncomfortable. I am terrified to take anything other than natural due to the experience I had -- which also I should add when I would take 1 Ducalax - I had the similar experience just less intensified. I always thought it was because I was so backed up - and maybe it is -- but it was terrifying.

I have increase eating prunes, added more fiber like fresh berries, and have increase the fiber through eating steal cut oatmeal. I am also drinking as much water as humanly possible. Any other thoughts - I know if I go to a doctor they will try to do something to intensive and fast and I am scared.

Thanks --
Tina
tinaanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote