View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 04:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face Struggling with the tears

Wow - I thought I had beaten the depression part of this! But honestly throw in a few disappointments and a then a move - topped off with having to cancel a vacation to see my new grandchild and the three other grandchildren in Seattle due to a real flare up and struggling with constipation at a new level. (read other post if you have any ideas) and I really am having a hard time - and the tears keep coming. I have had small fiber PN for 12 years and have run from this depression with everything I had - as my husband has suffered from depression and that is the last thing I wanted. I did everything in my power to think positive and to do things for others, and stayed busy. (all those things have really helped)But as I mentioned one by one I have felt so overwhelmed and discouraged.

I'm not afraid of doctors (even though I think most of them never really listen) but I really feel I might need something. Any suggestions on what you guys take. I was on Elavil years ago when I lost a child - and that helped, but when I first got sick with PN they tried all sorts of SSRI's because it helps with nerve pain and nothing helped the pain, and gave me so many side effects.

We moved away from the desert of Phoenix because the heat really aggravated my PN and I found that I couldn't even function in the summer -- so we moved to the mountains and I LOVE it here - but making new friends takes time - and mostly I'm away from my family and that is really hard. Some decisions are made for the right reasons but still have consequences.

Have any of you gotten help from counseling - to me it seems like if I talk it makes things worse I try to stay positive and maybe I'm asking too much of myself
Any ideas?
Tina
tinaanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote