View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Ken,

Without a shadow of a doubt you made the right decision if you wanted to remove the infection.

The sack of pus was actually a cyst. The formation of a cyst is typical at the root of a root canaled tooth. Sometimes it's at one root, other times it's larger. Sometimes it can appear at the end of a root that has been perforated during the root canal procedure but most often it is the bacteria that has eaten a hole through the tooth into the bone. This cyst would have continued to grow irrelevant of how many times you root canaled this tooth because yes, all of the tiny canals harbor necrotic nerve tissue for the life of the tooth.

The roots were still white because the necrosis was just beginning. The older the root canaled tooth, the blacker the roots :/

Take good care of yourself. Starting tomorrow, gently rinse 3-4 times a day with warm salt water..... no conventional mouthwash (ever). The colloidal silver is okay but I would stick with only the salt water the first 3 days and then do some swishing with both.

Check in with us before you go on vacation )

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by squasher View Post
Hi Bryanna,

I had my tooth extracted by my general dentist this morning. He had no problem freezing me so I felt no pain, just the pulling sensation. The tooth came out well along with a small sack of pus. He cleaned the area and applied some of the Nature's Sunshine silver gel that I brough along with me. He says I do not need to take the anibiotic.

On examination my tooth actually looked pretty good. The three roots were still nice and white..the one that had the pus sack on the end of it appeared to have a small hole in it..I am assuming this was from the root canal ..maybe the dentist pushed too far too hard when performing the root canal. I was expecting the tooth to look blackened and more dead! Frankly, now I am wondering whether I should have tried to save this tooth as there is a rather large empty hole in my mouth now. Please reassure me that all root canals harbour bacteria and eventual lead to infections...did I do the right thing?

Now I am hoping that the tooth heals quickly so I won't have a problem leaving for my trip Friday morning.

Ken
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote