View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
Are you still taking the miralax and it isn't helping or did you stop taking it?
I take about 1 1/2 doses daily and it works well, allowed my fissures to heal and continues to work even though I am on opiate pain medication which is very constipating.
I find apples to be the best fruit for this problem, and many people are helped by probiotics- such as Activa yogurt or kefir.
From your other post, it sounds as if you may be being too hard on yourself. It is all right to feel overwhelmed by circumstances and it is not always possible to keep a positive outlook. It sounds as if you have done a stellar job up until now and that you really need to take your feelings seriously and put taking care of yourself at the top of your priority list.
Good luck.
I am still taking the Miralax each day - sometimes taking it twice a day. I have started taking pro-biotics and that seems to help get the stomach bubbles back that I haven't felt in years - but I think I'm just too backed up.
I so have to thank you with your kind words. I am so hard on myself - always a bit of a control freek, and the one thing PN does it teach you that you are not in charge of much in life. My faith has gotten me through most of it, but I do need to put myself on the top of my list -- THANKS so much!
tinaanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote