Thread: 6 months pcs
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 03:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter11 View Post
Hi All,

I am just over 6 month’s post-concussion symptoms. It has been an absolute roller coaster, good days and bad. I just have a few general questions for my recovery.
My headaches have become more manageable, and less frequent, which is good. When I do get them they all seem to stem from tight muscles in my neck and back. I am seeing a physio at the moment; I have been there 5 weeks. I have seen some slight improvement, but I am still waking up every morning with tight back and neck muscles which eventually leads to a headache. My question is what could be causing my muscles to be so tight every day and what can I do to relieve it and help my recovery!??

Hope everyone is well today.

Thanks.
Peter11,

Did you always have neck pain? I am 4 months PCS and like you my headaches have decreased, but they with still be aggravated by too much noise, light, activity and stress. I had neck pain, but only noticed it 2 months after injury. I was getting wave sensations through my body, which I am told is tension. In my case I feel that this has led to neck pain, it is only now that I am taking anxiety medication with pain killing qualities that my symptoms are dissipating.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote