View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jasmine

No problem at all with emailing me - I just tried to email you, using the Neurotalk 'send an email tool' which said that it meant that the sender would then know my email address. If that doesn't work, send me a private message - click on my profile name, and it should come up with 'send Lynn a private message' and send me you email address.

I will contact you from there.

I know you must have a thousand questions. I too had a craniotomy (naturally with a clipping). Where are they talking about making the incision? Mine went from the top of one ear, across the top of my head, to the top of the other ear - about ten inches long in total. Bear in mind, that was nine years ago, and professional practice may have changed in that time - and it all depends on size, location and type/structure of aneurysm.

We all have our own experiences, although as you have already noticed, there are lots of similarites. My memory problems were at their worst in the first few weeks, and improved steadily over the next couple of months. I found crosswords, sudoku (basic level), word finds, trivia quizzes etc really useful. I will never forget being asked post-op what the sum of 15 and 27 was - and being completely devastated because I couldn't answer it for two days - I used to work in a bank - so horrible!

One thing you will notice, is that if you push yourself too hard, you will pay the price in fatigue, confusion, headaches and in many cases, even the development of depression (which has its roots in physical, emotional and psychological causes - and doesn't discriminate).

Still.....you will get past this.....the love and care of friends, family and people who have been there before you, will help.

I look forward to your email, and remember there is no such thing as a silly question (I am not a medical professional - I can only share personal experiences).

Hugs

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote