View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Perineural root sleeve cyst = Tarlov Cyst?

Are these the exact same things: Perineural Root Sleeve Cyst and Tarlov Cyst?

This is my MRI results as of 27 Feb 2013.
Impressions: Mild disc disease at multiple leves as described.
Perineural root sleeve cyst noted on the left at c7/t1.

C2/C3 Normal
C3/C4 Very mild central disc protrusion. No significant impingement of neural foramen noted
C4/C5 Very mild central disc protrusion. No significant impingement of neural foramen noted
C5/C6 Broad-based disc protrusion. Minimal impingement on neural foramen bilaterally is noted.
C6/C7 Mild broad-based disc protrusion noted. Minimal impingement of the left neural foramen is noted.
C7/T1 The disc is normal at this level. There is a left perineural root sleeve cyst. This is slightly beyond the neural foramen. The nerve can be seen transiting the cyst.

I guess I'm wondering if this is in fact a Tarlov cyst. Also, for those that have it in your cervical spine, what treatment worked best for you? (I realize it is very individual). Also, does my neck with so many disc protrusions sound like a concern to anyone or just something that should be easy to live with without needing intervention at this time?

My MRI was T1W and T2W with and without contrast. I am waiting on my insurance to process a referral for a ns at this time. My current dr said if the ns says I am not a surgical candidate, then they will get me set up in the pain management clinic. Does this sound like the right treatment path? I am also supposed to start PT on 18 Mar 2013. I have tried chiropractic, muscle relaxers, and PT in the past with no benefits from any of them. My symptoms are pins and needles (asleep feeling) and pain from my neck, left shoulder, and entire left arm down to and including my finger tips. The more I use my left arm the more pain I seem to have (this makes me not want to use my left arm, but I still do use it almost all the time). I have an 8 month old son so I am very active trying to keep him entertained.

Thank you,

Katie
Katieaero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote