View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thank you brain patch, I will keep you update on my progress through this forum. Your words have made me more positive and determined to get better. Thanks for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain patch View Post
Hi Ron,
No I don't think another MRI would be useful if you just had one in September. They are expensive. I just wanted to make sure you had one. You say you are able to keep up with your classes just fine. It sounds like you are able to function normally with the exception of some days you don't feel good. A little bit of memory trouble and trouble recognizing faces (I have this bad, everyone looks the same to me).
Well here's what I think. I have had 5-6 concussions before the car accident that really disabled me. I have hypoglycemia (it is where your blood sugar can drop suddenly) and I have passed out in public and fell straight back on cement and hit my head really hard. This has happened to me 8-9 times. After the first one I noticed symptoms like you describe and started getting migraine headaches. I could sill function normally with the exception of the days I did not feel good and had migraine headaches. That never went away but it might have if I did not keep hitting my head and injuring myself over and over again. I think you will heal with time but it is possible you may have some symptoms that your going to have to learn to manage and work around. Get some medication if you need it but only take it exactly as prescribed. Weed and uppers make people who have head injuries feel like hell. Alcohol too. I know you are 18 so if you must drink, only have one. And you will pay for it with symptoms. There may come a time where you can drink like a normal person again. I don't know. Sometimes these things are forever sometimes not. The brain is an amazing thing and you have youth on your side. I think with time and no more head injury with healthy diet you will be 100 percent again. I hope so.
Brain
milanchz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-12-2013)