View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Must be something in the air because it seems to be happening here, too. Wish this had been just a dream!

I'm just so tired of having to explain to people that I walk slow so don't expect me to keep up with you if you're going to speed walk.

You'd think the cane I carry and the fact my balance is so bad would be a clue to some folks but apparently it's not.

I went to the doctor last week and the nurse that called me back was half way down the hall by the time I got through the doorway. I didn't hurry and she disappeared around a corner. I just kept on walking and when I got to the end of the hall I looked left and right and she was just standing by the open door to the exam room. Like I had purposely taken my time. I walked into the room, put my purse and cane next to the chair and then she says "we need to get your weight". Okay.....that would have been something we could have done when we passed the scale at the other end of the hallway!! I made her wait till I collected my purse and cane and s-l-o-w-l-y walked down the hall again. I think she knew I was ticked off.

I'm just tired of inconsiderate people.....whether I have a disability or not. People can just be so rude. I'm not apologizing anymore for my limitations. If someone has a problem with them then that's something they need to work out with themselves. There's room for everyone here on this earth.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-12-2013), Blessings2You (03-13-2013), Catch (03-12-2013), Judy2 (03-12-2013), Natalie8 (03-15-2013), SallyC (03-12-2013)