View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 02:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry for the confusion, I haven't met with the NS yet. But IF they say I am not a surgical candidate then my PCM would put me into the pain management clinic. I have no family history of this. I had a probable ministroke/TIA sept 11 2006 where I passed out in the shower and have had nearly constant neck pain ever since. I had post concussion syndrome for 10 months so things kind of got all mixed together as far as what was caused by what. I had the probable TIA due to a 11 mm PFO (Patent Foreman Ovale) and that was closed via transcather closure Jun 2008. In 2009 my left arm and neck completely locked up which took me back to my PCM and then for an MRI which then showed the cyst. I was supposed to get another MRI done with contrast 6 months later to monitor the cyst but I didn't have medical ins anymore and I have always just dealt with the pain. About 1 1/2 to 2 months ago my left arm was numb/tingly/asleep feeling for an entire week, and I have an infant son so I went back to the PCM (as I once again have medical ins.) and they sent me for an MRI. Those were my most recent MRI results. I have been having problems ever since. No car accidents or anything.

On my first MRI I had very minimal bulging discs at 1 or 2 levels. My 2nd MRI showed the same thing but with the cyst (the first two MRIs were done without contrast). This most recent one was done with contrast and I am being referred to a neurosurgeon now. Ther disc protrusions are at even more levels than before. I hope that kind of clears things up.

I am 26 and have been having neck and arm/including shoulder pain since 2006...so I guess that would be 6 1/2 years now. I have tried PT (and TENS) and chiropractic (and TENS) as well as muscle relaxers...none seemed to help.

Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg neck prob View Post
[Hi Katie ,

Im not sure why they dont think your a surgical canidate-- esp if your have root nerve compression and show symptoms from it. I know they can be drained with fine needle --but they grow back. I know sometimes they inject steroids into them --but they come back in time.

You really might want to seeks out 2 or 3 consutls. Has anyone in your family ever had one I know people where it runs in famlily.

I know there is a minally invasive procedure where they drain it and put a injection aof a fibrin glue. I know many people there found on MRI but cause no symptoms. How long have you had symptoms?
Katieaero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote