View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 02:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie99 View Post
I for the first time saw a counselor this year and felt heaps better after 2 sessions. I went because I was having issues with my partners adult son. Therapy helps a lot of people regardless of the issue. It gave me perspective to the true nature of my negative emotions, and where they originate from. I also learned not to take myself so seriously because I have worn myself out doing so. In one session I laughed so hard I felt fantastic for like 2 weeks after. Don't be afraid to try therapy. Having a chronic condition is hard to deal with in the best of times for a lot of people. Always leave the door open for yourself to try new things. Best of luck, Aussie
Thanks for your advice - I have always thought about going, but as I have said opening up that door usually brings such stress - which brings pain -- so I have tried for so long to do this on my own. But honestly, I am going to try some different things - and this looks like one of them. We lived is OZ years ago down in Melbourne. What a wonderful country you have!
tinaanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote