View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jackie,

I know of a condition called Angioedema that affects approximately 1 in 10 people to some degree at some point in their lives, but mostly women. The one common symptom that is associated with various forms of this condition are a sudden swelling that can occur anyplace in or on the body. These swelling episodes are often misdiagnosed and can be triggered by a number of things including hormones. It may be worth discussing with her doctors. Here's a link to Angioedema...
http://www.allergy.org.au/patients/s...rgy/angioedema

I hope this information is helpful to you.
Take care,
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie1447 View Post
My 16 year old daughter was misdiagnosed with crps/rsd over a year ago. The doctors retracted that since they had never seen a case like hers. Her symptoms are monthly episodes of severe pain,swelling and bruise like discoloration(not bruising though) which flare up on three of her limbs and sometimes spread aggressively. She seems to get these flares the week following the end of her menstration and they last for 7-10 days. She has also in the past years has annual flares of severe abdominal pain that last for about 10 days. In between she is well and there are not fevers or other associated issues.
Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Jackie
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote