View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongerMan View Post

As you can see, there can be a drastic difference in deformation of the spine and cord impingement. I asked the assistant I spoke with to pass this along to my neurologist, but nothing further was mentioned. I woke up this morning with numbness in my left cheek, jaw and left side of lips which lasted several hours. It seems to me there is inflammation or something compressing or interfering with a cranial nerve (trigeminal or facial) that innervates that area. My face is not drooping or anything but this has me concerned. I have told my drs. about all this as it has happened before along with the dysphagia, though not simultaneously.
Hey,

The differences between supine and dynamic MRI's can be striking and instructive. Or they can be an incredible waste of time and money and send you down the wrong road. Rely on an ortho or neuro who has ordered numerous studies of each type and stop comparing the stock marketing examples! BTW, Facial nerve is predominately motor for facial expression and sensory for the face is Trigeminal (V).

Last edited by Dubious; 03-13-2013 at 12:27 AM.