View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:53 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

When my mom had knee surgery and we were putting her in a wheelchair to take her out to eat, and we'd go places and they'd walk us all the way into the back of the restaurant, thru crowds of people. I hated that. For one, it was embarrassing to have to say "excuse me" to all the people we were rolling my mom over. Two, it's another pain in the !ahem! to walk back out thru that crowd when you're done.

Now that I use a cane, my dad uses a cane, and my mom uses a walker, first thing I do when going into a restaurant is to ask for a table close to the exit if at all possible. We also go out to eat a lot earlier in the afternoon. (4pm, sometimes earlier) Today (tuesday) when we went to Famous Dave's, going early, and asking for a specific table worked.

Last week, when we went to a different restaurant it didnt quite work out. At that place, I asked for a regular table (not a booth) and said we'd like it close to the exit. The moron hostess still walked us all the way into the back of the restaurant, past several tables that were in areas closer to the door that were obviously being staffed. We put up with it. I wasnt having a problem walking that day, and my dad said not to complain.

I've started to post reviews to the restaurants that make us walk thru crowds to seat us. If we had decent service, other than the hostess being a bit rigid in where she seated us after we've made our request, I'll still give good reviews for the food and the server. Hopefully by name, so that the business will know that we were treated great by the server, but that the hostess needs lessons in listening (and critical thinking)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (03-13-2013), SallyC (03-13-2013), Sparky10 (03-13-2013)