View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 05:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Question about alcohol

Mrs D, question please.

My sister in law has MS. She is in her early 50's and recently diagnosed after many years of symptoms. She has many symptoms that resemble my issues such as numbness and burning. Though I do understand that hers is CNS and mine is PNS related. Nevertheless she drinks dealcoholised Chardonnay. I don't drink at all, am on strong meds like Lyrica and NEO mercazole.

Anyways she had a 750 ml bottle of Chardonnay that said it was 94% dealcoholised wine (alcohol removed) and 6% juice. It is 0.5% alcohol by volume. Am not sure what that means. She apparently drinks 2 of these over 7 days ( a glass a night), with no dramas.

So I had a glass myself and I swear I felt a bit tipsy. Also my PN flared up especially my Trigminal (sp) nerves and I was in a lot of pain for 3 hours after.

Why did this happen? How could I have felt tipsy? I was told that it was just my imagination, but I am pretty sure it was not my imagination. I even got peckish after the drink. Also with regards to flare, can non alcoholic wine actually cause a flare?

Thank you!!!

PN, Graves Disease, Gilbert's Syndrome and of course the catch all illness Anxiety.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote