View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 06:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Slapshot,

I suffered my concussion 11 months ago playing hockey. I went back a week later and got bumped and felt HORRIBLE after. I continued working and going to the gym despite feeling foggy and dizzy to the point where I felt like passing out. I continued playing hockey for another month. The doctors told me if I hadn't been so stupid and rested right away I would be better by now and I believe them.

This past month I've stopped working completely and focused on recovering. I haven't played hockey since July and basically haven't done any exercise besides walking. My point is you have to be disciplined! You obviously have concussion issues that aren't going away yet you continue living a very active lifestyle. Slow it down and rest! Figure out what your brain can and cannot take and work with that.

Since I've focused on my recovery I've been feeling a lot better. No where near close to being back on the ice but much better than I was a month ago. I know exactly what you're going through. You play hockey or exercise and then the next couple days you feel like crap then you start feeling better and then you go play again. I did the exact same thing.

Take it easy and rest up!
Alex V. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote