View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Sorry--

--our posts were simultaneous.

I don't at all believe that my initial paresthesia was in any way related to this--that was ten years ago, after all, when I had considerably more normal calcium levels (but always in the upper part of the range), and I really didn't start with parasthesia but searing, burning nerve pain.

My wife, when she had her thyroid removed, did have the lip tingling type parasthesia immediately upon waking up from surgery--a few calcium pills took care of that.

I had no parathesia at all after surgery. Still haven't. But I did get really loopy for several hours--I understand I was quite verbally droll (at least, that's what the attending surgical physician said)--when they gave me a Vicodin for post-surgical pain in the hospital. I never took another, though they gave me a prescription for it--never filled it, and just took a few Tylenol here and there over the next few days. (I'd rather be in a bit of pain than dizzy and I figured I was constipated enough.) Three days out I was in a low enough pain state to stop even that. (Good surgeon--I'll have a cute little one inch scar, but it lets me tell the story when it's noticed.)
glenntaj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-13-2013)