View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I hardly ever go out to eat but I agree with you, Erin. It seems like when I do go out we're seated as far away from the front as possible. Could be it just seems that way (to me) because it takes me longer to walk it.

I've found that if I ask nicely.....and even make it seem like they're doing me some huge favor......they're more than happy to accommodate. I figure it's one of those "pick your battles" moment!

I've found that one thing I truly dislike is having someone walk behind me. Anywhere. I usually step aside and ask them to go ahead and usually they try to refuse but I hold my ground and ask them nicely to please go ahead of me - that it's easier for me to walk without someone behind me. The reason I do this is because so many folks get so close to me when I'm walking with a cane that it trips me up and makes it hard to keep my balance. Sometimes I end up having to explain why....which is tiring and often leads to questions. It's just easier to stay home. Now I understand why so many handicapped folks seem irritable! They're tired of having to explain their every move!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (03-13-2013), Judy2 (03-13-2013), SallyC (03-13-2013)