View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 02:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question uninsured, need help with ideas

I have been dealing with chronic upper right back pain for nearly a year. It started gradually with minor discomfort a few days a month and has progressed to debilitating constant pain. The pain is primarily centered between my spine and right shoulder blade. Sitting too long causes numbness and a "tight muscle" feeling in my arms and legs, mainly right side but occasionally both left and right. I also get severe shooting pains down the right side only of my spine starting at the shoulder blade going down to my tail bone, these pains do not go down the legs or arms and occur in any position sitting, standing, or laying down. I have a constant slight weakness in my right arm compared to the left. I do not have insurance and the emergency room doctors brush me off as a "pill seeker" and simply tell me to rest & take Ibuprofen. I have tried every otc pain reliever nothing helps. The only semi relief I am able to find is constant repositioning between laying/sitting on the bed and couch, and constant use of a heating pad. I am at my wits end, it has caused me to have to quit working, I very rarely leave home, and it interferes with even the simplest daily activities, even showering has become impossible most days.
marye81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote