View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

First thanks Waves and Mari
Brain I'll do a thread to answer your questions.

Waves, The imitrex is what he was on for a period of time. I don't believe it was working. So I believe his regular doctor started him on a pain reliever with codeine or something like that. I'm honestly not sure about this. He doesn't tell me it all. He is also getting two kinds of shots at the present when the migraines get to severe and last for two long. Which at present have been over a month I believe.

One that he calls without a narcotic in it. One with. Sorry, I'm not sure what he means. He at times does not make much sense to me. But the fact that he will call and talk to me about what is going on is more than he was doing in December when the Headaches came back so bad. At first I believe if he
had one for two days a week it was bad. But he started having them every other week soon. And then the problems really started.

Yes Waves I have been worried about rebound headaches. I'm pretty sure that is why drugs like imitrex and things like that are not being used right now. Other than in shot formula. I have also read up some on oxygen. I don't know that I can explain this one to him, so I haven't suggested he ask about this. I do not think from what I've read on cluster headaches, it is these. They last to long.

I do believe it could easily be status migraines. But I so far have not found anything to use for these. IF the regular meds for migraines don't work.
Depakote has just been on board for almost one week. His doctor told him to expect it too take at least 2 weeks, but I also know that he is on a very low dosage. (500mg) So its possible it will take more. Also the other new med. for pain relief is new and has been on board since just last Wednesday late or Thursday morning. So its not been quite a week.

Donna
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-13-2013), waves (03-13-2013)