View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Brain

Its my 21 year old that has definately been diagnosed with epilepsy.

But seizures and epilepsy run in the family.

This is my 28 year old. And a few years ago when I believe he was just 18 plus a few months he came to me and told me the following. Mom, I have been blacking out in my car and ending up in a ditch.

He had already been seeing a Neuro, same one he saw last week. For migraines. But I called him, about the possible seizures, because of blacking out. He did a EEG. That was negative. But because of possibility and family history. And fact that this is one of major ones for migraine helping. He was put on depakote for all issues. He did pretty well with the black outs. I don't believe he had anymore. I personally thought he did well with the migraines.
He was attending night school in a neighboring town, for adults because he had dropped out of high school because of illness(migraines.) And didn't miss much at all. It was me that drove him to school, because he wasn't allowed to drive. Also he wore sun glasses a lot of the time, because of sun and glare. I even suggested, that he wear them into school. And if glare bothered him on way home to wear them on way home.

He wasn't doing well with this program at school. And because he got so much better. He chose to try a job with a friend, of magazine selling. And came home after a week. So I'm pretty sure the migraines were a lot better.

But he then had chosen to return to regular school. And went back. But had migraines return. It was more stress though. And the sunlight from a house building program for half a day he was taking. So he took his classes at home in homebound classes. And graduated.

He stayed on depakote for I believe 2 years. Till I believe he was close to 21 if not 21. He then sat out of school for a year. And went to college. And spent I believe 3 years getting two degrees a technical and a associates at IVY TEch. And he spent about 1 1/2 to 2 years looking for work.

He has at times had headaches through this. But they have been manageable through tylenol and sleep. Till this year. It would last at times for a week or two and stop.

Not sure what happened this time, if its not the weather. Or stress of the things going on around him in his life. It really is bothering me. And I sure hope we can get him back under control.

He is accepting the need to go back to the neurologist this time. Which is good. As a teen, I had a hard time getting him to go. He was so angry.

Donna
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-13-2013), BlueMajo (03-13-2013), waves (03-13-2013)