View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Praying for you

DMom,
I am so sorry to hear about your mammogram. My prayers and thoughts are with you. My mom had this and had surgery and it turned out to be benign if that makes you feel any better.
The migraine situation with Devin. I can clear up a few things for you. They have moved him from Imitrex and other migraine medications to narcotic pain medication. I have to take this myself. When he says they give him two shots one with narcotic and one without. He is saying that one shot is for nausea -probably phenergan and the other shot is a strong narcotic to get the cycle of the migraine and to break the pain cycle. Probably morphine, dilaudid or something like that. When he says he is blacking out. My vision goes totally black when I get a real bad migraine. Sometimes it is black in the peripheral vision (sides of vision field) sometimes it is my whole central vision and I can only see what is on the sides. Sometimes it is all of it just seeing black. I have many times been pulled off to the side of the road, throwing up out my door, unable to see and waiting for meds to kick in and vision to return so I can get home. These are so painful it is like your head is cracking open. You can't really answer questions. When I am real bad I can't talk. And it is almost like you get kind of an amnesia. Find out if this is what he means when he says I am blacking out and end up in a ditch. Or is he loosing consciousness? This also happens to me from hypoglycemia (blood sugar drops suddenly) and causes migraines also. I am now on long acting narcotic medication called MS Contin (morphine) and it lasts for twelve hours so I take two a day so I am constantly covered for pain. This has cut down the number and severity of the migraines.
Let me know if I can answer any questions you have. Hope this is helpful.
Much love,
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-13-2013), Dmom3005 (03-13-2013), Mari (03-13-2013), waves (03-13-2013)